Spain: a winning location for
- Solid Basic Science: Spain is 10th world scientific power and 5th by scientific production in the EU15.
- Integrated Healthcare System: An extensive network of 800 hospitals, both public and private, backed by leading-edge research centres. The system is ideal for translational medicine and discovering new drugs and advanced therapies.
- Consolidation of biotechnology sector and an established pharmaceutical industry: Biotech companies are growing faster here than in other countries and pharma industry is leader in R+D spending in Spain.
- Government Support: The central and regional governments are providing support for R+D companies through loans, grants and a competitive tax incentives scheme.
- Excellent infrastructure for innovation: Exponential growth of science and technology parks, research centres and institutes of technology. Spain’s infrastructure also incorporates the latest technology for life sciences projects.
- Highly qualified workforce: There is a surplus of talent for competitive and innovative projects. In some areas of Spain, the percentage of workers with post-graduate studies is higher than the European average.
- Favorable cost-benefit ratio of human capital: The cost per hour is less than average for EU25. Salaries are lower but the attraction of working on scientific or biotech projects in Spain is high.
At INVEST IN SPAIN we provide you with professional, confidential and free services throughout the process of investing in Spain: from investment planning and evaluation, to set up and post-investment.
To see HOW WE CAN SUPPORT YOUR BUSINESS IN SPAIN, please visit our website www.investinspain.org.
You can contact us now to get more information about HOW TO EXPAND YOUR BUSINESS TO OUR COUNTRY or to arrange an appointment to meet at BIOSPAIN 2018 . You can also reach us through the event partnering system.